Friday, July 8, 2011

Pages 9-10


This is yet another spread I did. This was actually the first one I started with. It's pages 9-10. I know it may be odd to start a book somewhere in the middle, but I like to think of myself as somewhat odd anyway. The fact is I really wanted to draw an excavator that day, so I did.

I've made a couple of changes to the original this morning to bring it a little more in line with the other pages. As I go through this book, everything I draw gets edited over and over again as I discover new ways to draw things and adjust my style. This is a fairly new style for me. I typically have black outlines on everything I draw, but I'm getting tired of that look, so I decided to try something different with this book. I think it lightens up the images and makes them more friendly and approachable to younger kids. It's a little less hard-edged and graphic.

I'm working on Pages 7-8 today... I have no idea what they will look like yet. Guess I'll find out later.

No comments:

Post a Comment